The Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM Lens sets new standards in performance and versatility with its larger aperture, lighter weight, better balance, and particularly its Image Stabilization technology.
This lens has totally new optics to provide better image quality. It uses fluorite and UD lens elements for excellent chromatic aberration correction and consists of 17 elements in 12 groups. As a result, this improved version offers an ultra-fast maximum aperture of f/2, lighter weight, and shorter length then its predecessor.
• Image Stabilizer gives equivalent effect of a shutter speed approximately four stops faster during hand-held shooting
• Two-stage image stabilization; dual-axis camera shake correction or vertical axis only (for panning)
• Fluorite & UD elements eliminate secondary spectrum chromatic aberration
• Full-time manual focus override
• Focus preset function allows for returning to a specifically set focus point by turning a ring in front of the focus ring
• Circular aperture producing attractive background defocus
• Dust & moisture resistance made exceptional by magnesium alloy lens barrel and improved rear gasket at lens mount
• The tripod collar can be removed for even more weight reduction and hand-holding comfort
Gel filters, or 52mm screw-in filters [rear 52mm drop-in filter holder required]
Minimum Focus Distance
6.2' (1.9 m)
Angle of View
5.6 lbs (2.5kg) [with collar]