The Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM is a lightweight, compact L Series telephoto zoom lens with Image Stabilizer. With all the optical brilliance of the larger f/2.8 aperture version, the 70-200mm f/4L is a zoom lens with great possibilities for portraiture and travel. All of the features of the bigger lens are present here as well, including ultra-low dispersion glass, internal focus and fulltime manual focusing override.
The optical Image Stabilization in this lens provides up to an incredible four stops of shake correction - a first for Canon IS lenses. The use of fluorite UD lens elements provides excellent optical performance in terms of resolution and contrast. These features, together with its water and dust-proof construction, provide both the performance and portability to meet user demands.
• Image Stabilizer
4 step Image Stabilizer (IS) extends low light options to previously unavailable levels. Photographers normally shooting handheld at 1/250 sec can switch on IS to obtain a similarly steady and blur-free result with a shutter speed of just 1/15 second.
• 2 IS Modes:
* Mode 1 corrects for movement in the image along both the horizontal and vertical axes
* Mode 2 turns off horizontal correction and prevents the effect of dragging the subject back through the frame
• 1 Fluorite and 2 UD lens elements for superior optical performance
• Environmental seals for dust and moisture resistance
• To match the weather resistance afforded by EOS-1 pro camera bodies, an O-ring seals the lens against the lens mount to prevent the ingress of dust and moisture
• AF Mode and IS switches have been reshaped, making them less susceptible to being engaged or disengaged accidentally
• Fully compatible with Canon tele-converters
Minimum Focus Distance
3.9' (1.2 m)
Angle of View
34 to 12 Degrees
1.7 lb (760 g)