For amateur who are not versed in the technical side of lighting or more advanced users who want a compact yet powerful hotshoe flash, the Canon Speedlite 270EX is versatile and portable without being complicated.
The flash head bounces and has two-steps for different focal lengths. It makes use of just two AA batteries which adds to the minimal impact it has on camera bag cargo space.
The flash supports all current versions of TTL, including evaluative E-TTL II. This is great for photographers that shoot high contrast or reflective subjects, like those encountered in wedding photography.
The Speedlite 270EX flash is compatible with Canon's E-TTL II (Evaluative Through The Lens) auto exposure technology. When combined with a compatible Canon camera (EOS-1D/s Mark II, Mark III, D-20, Elan 7N/E, or newer models) and compatible lens, E-TTL II utilizes subject distance and other information that automatically modifies flash power, resulting in accurate flash exposure regardless of subject size, reflectance, or photographic composition.
• Flash exposure modes: E-TTL II and E-TTL.
• Bounce feature provides greater range of picture-taking options with 60°, 75°, and 90° settings.
• Compact, lightweight design - ideal for compact PowerShot cameras (G-series and select SX-series) and EOS Rebel class cameras.
• Built-in AF-assist beam compatible with EOS multi-point AF systems including 45-point Area AF types
• Optimized recycling time (approx. 0.1 to 3.9 seconds.)